Sweets are inherent part of any Indian cuisine. No Indian meal is complete if sweets are not there. But today’s calorie conscious generation have to sacrifice sweets to stay fit.
This is where Sugar Free Natura comes to rescue.
Sugar Free Natura is an ideal low calorie sugar substitute, which gives same sweetness and taste of sugar but with negligible calories.
This is my version of Sweet with Sugar Free Natura.
Malpua is traditional north indian sweet of soft and fluffy pancakes coated with sugar syrup and served with rabri or thickened sweetened milk.
Here is how it is made:
- All Purpose Flour – 1 Tblsp (Maida)
- Cream – ½ cup
- Eno – 1 pinch (optional)
- Ghee – 1 Tblsp (you can use oil also)
- Pistachios, Cardamom, Almonds & Saffron for Garnishing
- For sugar syrup:
- Sugarfree Natura – 4 sachet
- Water – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Saffron – 4/5 strands
- To prepare sugar syrup, add sachets of Sugarfree Natura in a cup of water in a stainless steel vessel. Simmer the sugar syrup for 10-12 minutes on low medium flame. Add cardamom powder and saffron and turn off heat.
- In a bowl, mix cream, milk and Maida till it is smooth. Mix well till there are no lumps.
- Add 1 pinch of Eno (Optional)
- Heat ghee/oil in a small vessel or non-stick pan on low medium flame for 3-4 minutes. Pour a small ladle full of batter in the pan. Flip it over and cook on medium flame till it turns golden brown on both sides
- Place the Malpua in the sugar syrup and let it sit for half a minute. Remove with a slotted spoon then place it on a serving plate.
- Eat as it is or put some rabri on top of the malpua and garnish with chopped pistachios and almond slivers.
This post is written for Sugar Free Dessert Challenge. Please refer the below link for more details http://sugarfree-india.com/